Why are titanium alloy screws so popular? That’s because titanium is an active element. A thin TiO2 oxide film can be formed on the surface of the material at the moment of exposure to air. This oxide film is highly inert and can prevent further oxidation and corrosion to a limited extent. , To ensure the good biocompatibility of titanium; in terms of mechanical properties, titanium has low density, high mechanical strength, and its elastic modulus is closer to bone tissue than other medical metals. This is the ideal biomechanical compatibility of titanium In addition, it also has good mechanical processing performance, which is convenient for processing and forming.
In recent years, the use of titanium alloy screw fasteners is extremely extensive, among which titanium alloy screws are more and more widely recognized by the market because of their obvious advantages. They are high in strength, single-piece, single-sided assembly connection, and reusable. And so on, with the world’s industrial technology and social progress, titanium alloy screws will have a greater development and wider use.
Therefore, the advantages of titanium alloy screws have the following aspects
- 1. High specific strength. The density of titanium is 4.51g/cm?, which is higher than aluminum but lower than steel, copper, and nickel, but its strength is much higher than other metals. Screws made of titanium alloy are light and strong.
- 2. Good corrosion resistance. Titanium and titanium alloys are stable in many media, and titanium alloy screws can be used in various corrosive environments.
- 3. Good heat resistance and low temperature resistance. Titanium alloy screws can work normally in a high temperature of 600°C and a low temperature of minus 250°C, and can maintain their shape without changing.
- 4. Non-magnetic and non-toxic. Titanium is a non-magnetic metal and will not be magnetized in a large magnetic field; it is not only non-toxic, but also compatible with the human body.
- 5. Strong anti-damping performance. After titanium is subjected to mechanical vibration and electrical vibration, its vibration decay time is the longest compared with steel and copper metal. Using this performance, it can be used as a tuning fork, medical ultrasonic pulverizer vibrating element, and high-end acoustic speaker vibrating film, etc.
With the development of the titanium industry, titanium alloy screws will no longer be limited to high-end precision industries, but will go deeper into people’s daily lives. Therefore, the development space of titanium alloy screws has a bright future and the future can be expected!