TOKYO—Toshiba electronic Devices & Storage Corporation (“Toshiba”) has launched “MG800FXF2YMS3,” a silicon carbide (SiC) MOSFET module integrating newly developed dual channel SiC MOSFET chips with ratings of 3300V and 800A, for industrial applications. Volume production will start in May 2021.
To achieve a channel temperature of 175°C, the new product adopts an iXPLV (intelligent fleXible Package Low Voltage) package with silver sintering internal bonding technology and high mounting-compatibility The new module meet the needs for high-efficiency, compact equipment for industrial applications such as converters and inverters for railway vehicles, and renewable energy power generation systems.
- Inverters and converters for railway vehicles
- Renewable energy power generation systems
- Industrial motor control equipment
- Drain-source voltage rating : VDSS=3300V
- Drain current rating : ID=800A Dual
- High channel temperature range : Tch=175°C
- Low loss :
- Low stray inductance : Ls=12nH (typ.)
- High power density small iXPLV package