Lattice launches CertusPro-NX general purpose FPGA
Lattice Semiconductor has announced the launch of the CertusPro-NX general purpose FPGA family, the fourth device family based on its Nexus platform to be launched in the past 18 months.
The CertusPro-NX provides the highest bandwidth in the smallest form factor in comparison to similar devices, and is the only FPGA in its class with support for LPDDR4 external memory. With advanced performance capabilities and the highest logic density currently available on a Nexus-based device, these FPGAs have been designed to accelerate application development for the communications, compute, industrial, automotive, and consumer markets.
According to Gordon Hands, Senior Director of Product Marketing, Lattice Semiconductor, “The performance and differentiated features we’ve designed into CertusPro-NX deliver capabilities that were previously unavailable in low power FPGAs to support the next generation of Edge applications that OEMs are eager to provide to customers.”
The CertusPro-NX FPGAs are intended to enable innovation across a wide range of applications, including data co-processing in intelligent systems, high-bandwidth signal bridging in 5G communications infrastructure, and sensor interface bridging in ADAS systems.
Key features include:
- Class-leading power efficiency – By leveraging Lattice’s innovations in FPGA fabric architecture and a low power FD-SOI manufacturing process, these devices consume up to four times less power than competing FPGAs of a similar class.
- Best-in-class system bandwidth – With support for up to eight programmable SERDES lanes capable of speeds up to 10.3 Gbps, CertusPro-NX FPGAs deliver the highest system bandwidth in their class to enable popular communication and Display interfaces like 10 Gigabit Ethernet, PCI Express, SLVS-EC, CoaXPress, and DisplayPort.
- Optimised Edge processing – To meet demand for robust data co-processing in Edge AI and ML applications, these FPGAs feature up to 65 percent more available on-chip memory than other similar FPGAs.
- High logic density – With support for up to 100k logic cells, CertusPro-NX FPGAs currently offer the highest logic density of any Nexus-based FPGA.
- Industry-leading reliability – Thanks to innovations in the Lattice Nexus platform, CertusPro-NX devices are up to 100 times more resistant to soft errors.
- Smallest-in-class form factor – With a design footprint of 81 mm2, these FPGAs are up to 6.5 times smaller than competing devices. Small form factor is a key design consideration for developers of industrial cameras or the SFP Modules used in communication systems.
The CertusPro-NX is also compatible with the latest version of the Lattice Radiant design software.